Professional Doctorate in Education
Professional Doctorate in Education
If you want to effectively use your industry expertise and knowledge in unique ways to prosper in your professional area, then you must pursue Professional Doctorate, the highest qualification for experienced professionals, offered by Asian College of Teachers (ACT) in academic collaboration with European International University (EIU-Paris). However, individuals interested in Professional Doctorate must know what it really entails.
A professional Doctorate is an independent research phase that differentiates the professional Doctorate with its practical work experience and mastery of areas, such as curriculum and instruction, education, educational administration, educational psychology, special education, teaching etc. All in all, your doctorate research focuses primarily on applying the existing theories and knowledge to your area of work and gives you a big push in your professional practice and qualifies you for the best positions within your area of work. On the other hand, PhD students focus on developing new ideas, perspectives, and theories that add to the body of knowledge in that field.
In academic collaboration with European International University (EIU-Paris), ACT provides Professional Doctorate in the following areas:
1. Professional Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction
2. Professional Doctorate in Education
3. Professional Doctorate in Education Administration & Leadership
4. Professional Doctorate in Educational Psychology
5. Professional Doctorate in Special Education
6. Professional Doctorate in Teaching
Who Should Attend
Professional Doctorate is designed for aspirants from the public, private and third sectors. Candidates pursuing Professional Doctorate are often experienced professionals with a lot of familiarity in their field. With a Professional Doctorate from an international university like EIU-Paris, they can advance in their careers and move to senior leadership positions where they have expertise in their area of work. As such, a Professional Doctorate will be beneficial to someone who is interested in applying their knowledge into practice in working environments such as a company, training institution or service.
How do you learn
An important difference in the format of professional Doctorate is that there is no need for increased subject-specific training as you are already a subject matter expert with your years of experience.
ACT’s Professional Doctorate involves four stages:
1. Stage 1: Complete the Point Based Application form to check your eligibility
2. Stage 2: Complete Study of “Introduction to Research” *
3. Stage 3: Complete a Research paper of 10,000 words
4. Stage 4: A live online defense in front of a panel
*Through the modules, you will become familiar with the theoretical problems relevant to your professional field and reflect on how you can integrate these into your own research project.
During a doctorate, a student needs to focus on:
1. Assessing the current state of knowledge in their field
2. Evaluating a real-world problem facing their industry
3. Understanding various research methods
4. Designing and conducting a research study
5. Expanding the body of industry knowledge through their research findings.
Programs & Admission
The following Professional Doctorates are available:
- 1. Professional Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction
- 2. Professional Doctorate in Education
- 3. Professional Doctorate in Education Administration & Leadership
- 4. Professional Doctorate in Educational Psychology
- 5. Professional Doctorate in Special Education
- 6. Professional Doctorate in Teaching
Every adult learner’s background and profile are different, and we ensure that we address each case individually. Get in touch with us to get your queries solved apply directly for admission.
P.S. Please note that ACT does not provide visa and immigration services, because all our distance learning degree programs can be completed at home.
Recognised Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree in any field or equivalent level
- Life Experience 5+ years
- English Level – IELTS Level 6.0 or equivalent
Duration & Fees
The Doctorate must be completed within 3 years from the date of admission to avoid any additional charges to extend it.
- 2700 USD – If Paying from USA or paying in USD
- 2400 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
- 93,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
- 2,00,000 INR– If Paying in India
Fees include all: Tax, Program of study, LMS access, study guide, evaluation and assessment, diploma, Courier charges Apply for Degree dispatch to your country. Certificate Notary and Apostille charges are separate from Paris. PD is conferred from European International University, Paris.
Here we present different payment options available. Payments can be made via Online Bank Transfer, Credit Card or PayPal.
Once students register for a course, they are responsible for dropping any course they decide not to attend.
- Once you have enrolled in the program and you wish to immediately pull out and before any access has been granted - 50% of the tuition fee will be refunded
- No refund for students who have received course access and have already started off with the program from ACT
- Read all Terms and Conditions before making payments
- Processing of refunds make take up to 3 months
- The Professional Doctorate will be conferred by The European International University (EIU– Paris).
- Students will also receive a Certificate of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
- The European International University is a private higher education establishment authorized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Research, and Innovation, in accordance to and in compliance with the French Education Act: Code de l’Education Articles L 444-1 to 444-11 and R 444-1 to 444-28.
Other SEN Courses
Asian College of Teachers offers a handful of unique courses in Special Education, Autism, ADHD and Learning Disabilities for both aspiring and working teaching professionals interested in the field of SEN. Courses are offered in online mode and can be pursued from anywhere.
This course is designed for teachers at both primary and post primary level .The main focus of this course is to build the capacity of teachers and schools to provide appropriate educational experiences which are tailored to the individual needs of pupils with LD, both in mainstream schools and special education settings.
ACT’s Autism program for teachers covers the theoretical aspects of autism and gives an introduction into how to work with autistic people, enabling participants to begin with empathies and tailoring their teaching with useful strategies. ‘Good autism practice’ is at the core of this Autism course helping teachers to deepen their understanding of autism and the implications for practice.READ MORE
This course of ADHD is designed for teachers to gain specific and functional strategies for reaching students with ADHD in their own classroom. You will learn the facts about ADHD so that you may have empathy for the unique challenges your students face. This course will teach how to implement what you learn in this course in your school’s curriculum.
Get In TouchUK – Registered Office
Asian College Of Teachers Ltd (UK)
- Merlin Acropolis, Unit No 15/4, 14th Floor, 1858/1, Rajdanga Main Road, Kolkata, 700107
- SAI PREMA’, 3rd Floor, Christ Lane,No.39, Krishnanagar Industrial Area,Near Forum Mall, Koramangala,Hosur Road,Bangalore – 560 029
- Dahisar, Mumbai
Disclaimer:All SEN Courses are designed, developed and created by Asian College of Teachers Ltd, United Kingdom. These courses are certified by CPD Certification Service UK and endorsed by NCC Education, UK, and Short Courses from CACHE, UK through Laser Learning UK.
© 2021 Asian College of Teachers. All Rights Reserved. Asian College Of Teachers is a trading brand of TTA Training Pvt. Ltd (India) - CIN U80902WB2016PTC215839, Asia Teachers Training Co., Ltd (Thailand) - Registration No. 0105558193360, Asian College Of Teachers Ltd (UK) - Company Number 9939942 & Asian College Of Teachers LLC, (USA) - Federal Tax Identification Number 30-1261596
Designed by kreativewebtech