Bachelor of Education in Special Educational Needs
B.Ed. in Special Education – Asian College of Teachers
About the course
ACT’s professional B.Ed. in Special Education is an online course specifically aimed at teachers who are looking to build up new skills and competencies to teach students in inclusive classrooms that may comprise special needs children. The course offered by Asian College of Teachers (ACT) affiliated to the European International University (EIU-Paris) offers latest curriculum with specializations on ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome and other Learning Disabilities along with in-depth ideas on designing and delivering specially designed instruction covering Individualized Education Program (IEP).
The curriculum provides an in-depth understanding of various kinds of special educational needs, preparing the aspirants develop their overall knowledge, skills, techniques and confidence of teaching students in inclusive classrooms across the globe. Moreover, the course will provide students with excellent preparation for future studies in related fields. The degree awarded by European International University (EIU-Paris) will lend a global edge to the teaching career making it apt for both teaching aspirants and working teachers who dream of a successful career at home and abroad.
Why this course?
- The online B.Ed. in Special Education from ACT is designed and developed by Asian College of Teachers Ltd, UK, and is affiliated to the European International University (EIU-Paris)
- The international program covers the overall 21st century teaching approaches with emphasis on learning disabilities in the classroom with focus on ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder), Autism and Learning Disabilities.
- The program acquaints educators with the various learning disabilities in kids and the type of additional support they require to kindle effective learning.
Who should attend?
The course is specifically beneficial for:
- Class teachers in inclusive classrooms
- Inclusive teachers
- Aspiring teachers
- Shadow teachers
- Advisors/counsellors in educational institutes
- Entrepreneurs with a creche or a day-care centre
What do you learn?
◉ Foundation (30 credits optional)
2. Communication Strategies
3. Digital Literacy
4. Becoming a better learner
5. Critical Thinking
6. Research Skills & Conducting Accurate Internet Research
◉ Core (50 credits)
1. Foundations of Education
2. Instructional Methods
3. Measurement, Assessment and Evaluation in Education
4. Professional Ethics in Education
5. Educational Technology
6. Issues and Trends in Special Education
7. Psychology of Learning
8. Research Methods in Education
9. Introduction to Counselling
10. Approaches to Classroom Management
◉ Specializations (40 credits)
Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
1. Understanding students
2. Diagnostic Process
3. Are they putting in the Effort?
4. ADHD and Brain Activation
5. ADHD and Activity Level
◉Impact of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
1. Attention and ADHD
2. The Emotional Impact of ADHD
4. Problem-Solving for Academic Performance
◉Understanding Down Syndrome
1. Down Syndrome – Definition and History
2. Identifying Down Syndrome in Children
3. Causes and Complications of Down Syndrome
4. Teaching Children with Down Syndrome
5. Inclusive Education for Children with Down Syndrome
◉Autism – Features, Identification and Support
1. Meet Autistic Students
2. Understand the common characteristics of HFA/AS
3. Discover how your students think
4. Nurture students' social skills
◉Autism – A Closer Look
1. Encourage language reciprocity
2. Autism and Inclusive Education
3. Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood
4. Asperger's Syndrome; Fragile X Syndrome; High Functioning Autism
◉Learning Disabilities – Identification and Instructional Approaches
1. Understanding Learning Disabilities
2. Identifying Students with LDs
3. Making sense of the IEPs
4. Understanding Service Locations
◉Learning Disabilities – Helping your learners with LD
1. Learning the Right Teaching Strategies
2. Learning Strategies and Assessment Techniques for Students with LD
4. Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia
◉Learning Disabilities – A Deeper Look into Varied Disorders
1. Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
2. Language Processing Disorder
3. Visual Perceptual/Visual Motor Deficit
How do you learn?
- The program is conducted in an online learning mode
- Sessions include Foundation, Core and Specialization paper
- Course accessible from any corner of the globe at any time
- The online course can be pursued while maintaining your daily schedule
- Comprehensive study materials and tutor support
- Assignments at the end of each module
- Online support available to clear all doubts and queries
- Course completion credits available
After this course
After this course, you can continue to be a regular teacher in an inclusive classroom and guide special needs students if you identify them in your classroom or opt to become successful shadow teachers. Many of those who pursue B.Ed. in Special Education Needs opt for teaching in an inclusive classroom setting, but our B.Ed. degree can open up a variety of careers that help people or children with special needs.
However, with a B.Ed. in Special Education Needs, you can also carve different career paths. You can always find rewarding, meaningful careers outside of the school setting after earning your online B.Ed. in Special Education Needs. Whether you stay in the classroom or pursue other options, it is always a step forward to broaden your career prospects.
With a certification in the B.Ed. with SEN program, you’ll get the opportunity to work as:
- Teacher in an inclusive classroom
- Shadow teacher
- Teacher-in-charge in inclusive settings
- Advisor/ counsellor
- Budding entrepreneur
The qualification/s and certificate/s will be a plus point for those who have opened or are willing to open day care facilities or crèche. With its global affiliation from the prestigious EIU-Paris. it is sure to benefit those looking for employment opportunities across the globe and aid in realizing their dream of a career abroad.
Course Duration: up to 3 years
Course Mode: Online
- 2750 USD – If Paying from USA or paying in USD
- 2400 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
- 93,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
- 200,000 INR– If Paying in India
All fees include tax. Fees include all: Program of study, LMS access, study guide, evaluation and assessment, diploma and transcript. Courier charges apply for dispatch to your country. Certificate Notary and Apostille charges are separate from Europe. Please check with your admission adviser for more details.
Payments can be made via Online Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal or Cash at our Global Centers.
- The degree will be conferred by The European International University (EIU– Paris).
- Students will also receive a Certificate of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
Other SEN Courses
Asian College of Teachers offers a handful of unique courses in Special Education, Autism, ADHD and Learning Disabilities for both aspiring and working teaching professionals interested in the field of SEN. Courses are offered in online mode and can be pursued from anywhere.READ MORE
This course is designed for teachers at both primary and post primary level. The main focus of this course is to build the capacity of teachers and schools to provide appropriate educational experiences which are tailored to the individual needs of pupils with LD, both in mainstream schools and special education settings.READ MORE
ACT’s Autism program for teachers covers the theoretical aspects of autism and gives an introduction into how to work with autistic people, enabling participants to begin with empathies and tailoring their teaching with useful strategies. ‘Good autism practice’ is at the core of this Autism course helping teachers to deepen their understanding of autism and the implications for practice.READ MORE
This course of ADHD is designed for teachers to gain specific and functional strategies for reaching students with ADHD in their own classroom. You will learn the facts about ADHD so that you may have empathy for the unique challenges your students face. This course will teach how to implement what you learn in this course in your school’s curriculum.READ MORE
Get In TouchUK – Registered Office
Asian College Of Teachers Ltd (UK)
- Merlin Acropolis, Unit No 15/4, 14th Floor, 1858/1, Rajdanga Main Road, Kolkata, 700107
- SAI PREMA’, 3rd Floor, Christ Lane,No.39, Krishnanagar Industrial Area,Near Forum Mall, Koramangala,Hosur Road,Bangalore – 560 029
- Dahisar, Mumbai
Disclaimer:All SEN Courses are designed, developed and created by Asian College of Teachers Ltd, United Kingdom. These courses are certified by CPD Certification Service UK and endorsed by NCC Education, UK, and Short Courses from CACHE, UK through Laser Learning UK.
© 2021 Asian College of Teachers. All Rights Reserved. Asian College Of Teachers is a trading brand of TTA Training Pvt. Ltd (India) - CIN U80902WB2016PTC215839, Asia Teachers Training Co., Ltd (Thailand) - Registration No. 0105558193360, Asian College Of Teachers Ltd (UK) - Company Number 9939942 & Asian College Of Teachers LLC, (USA) - Federal Tax Identification Number 30-1261596
Designed by kreativewebtech